ABOUT VINCE COROZINE (ASCAP)
Biographical and Philosophical Sketch
Vince's passion to compose, produce, conduct, arrange and play music drives his dynamic and energetic spirit-all of which is evident in his accomplishments within the music industry. His creative abilities abound as he explores new and personal vistas.
By sharing his expertise, Vince provides a role model for the novice musician and the seasoned professional; casual listener and the jazz aficionado; to the movie and Broadway musical buff and the symphony maven.
His one-of-a-kind textbook, a "must–have" for music arrangers, encourages the necessity for strong theory coupled with his innovative technical applications.
Believing that music, the universal language, brings cultures together, Vince accepted the challenge and honor to direct the Kunming Symphony Orchestra, China, where he earned world recognition at the International Festival of the Arts.
Whether mentoring an individual on Banddirector.com or collaborating with this son and brother on drama, Vince continues to share his passion by making musical contributions for all to embrace.
- Author of a music arranging textbook for Mel Bay Publications. Arranging Music for the Real World with CD,© 2002, which has received five-star reviews on Amazon and Barnes and Noble.
- Music Reviewer for School Band and Orchestra Magazine
- Music Reviewer for Music Teacher International Magazine (Australia)
- Music reviewer and clinician for banddirector.com, a website available to music teachers, performers, composers, and conductors
- New York Concerto for alto saxophone and piano
- Jazzin' the Nursery Rhymes with play-a-long CD
- Brighty of the Grand Canyon (NY)
- Approaching Storms (Norfolk, VA)
- A Little Off the Top (Norfolk, VA)
- Toymaker and Son (Toronto)
- Tribute, Triumph (Hong Kong)
- A Home Coming Christmas with Mary Mancini, international singing star and Mario Tacca, world renowned accordionist. Westchester Broadway Theatre, Elmsford, NY December 13, 2005. Writer, director, music arranger
- The A-Train (Nine performances in September 2006 (NYC) A journey into the creative process as an older, horn player struggles to "get it back." Musical producer
- A Dream of Wings, the story of the Wright Brothers. Wilbur and Orville's triumph over adversity is a personification of the American Dream.
- The Rhythm Kings, the true story of five teen-age musicians, in an inter-racial band, and the problems they encountered leading to their big debut in New York City.
- Annual Thanksgiving Parade in Philadelphia for WPI-TV, and ABC-Disney (Philadelphia) (Ten years)
- The Greatest Music of the Catholic Church and It's a Wonderful World (NY)
- Ten albums of Praise and Worship for Youth with a Mission (with members of the Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra
- USMA Band at West Point (NY), Arranger for the Jazz Knights (Ten years)
- ABC News Theme for Peter Jennings "World News Tonight" (NY)
- Music for Action Park, Sesame Place Theme and other commercials (NY)
- Resorts International in Atlantic City (NJ), Garden State Arts Center (NJ), Show for vocal artist, Mary Mancini and accordionist, Mario Tacca.
- Movie: Cradle of Genius (Norfolk, VA) 2003
- Kunming Symphony Orchestra (Kunming China) The International Festival of the Arts 2000
Private Study (composition)
- Arnold Franchetti (Hartt School of Music, Harford, CT)
- Bernard Wagenaar (Juilliard School of Music, NY)
- Jimmy Giuffre (NY)
- Don Sebesky (Film Scoring) NY
- Teacher of composition and arranging for Concert Band and Jazz Ensemble a the US School of Music in Norfolk, Virginia
- Director of Music Industry Studies and Associate Professor of Music at Elizabeth City State University in Elizabeth City, North Carolina Music Business Courses, Wind Ensemble, Composition, Arranging, Jazz Ensemble, Applied Woodwinds, Musical Productions
- Associate Professor of Music at The King's College, Briarcliff Manor, New York Wind Ensemble, Orchestra, Theory, Composition, Arranging , Conducting, Instrumental Methods Classes, Jazz Ensemble, Applied Woodwinds, Musical Productions
- Director of Music Peekskill City Schools, Peekskill, New York Concert Band, Jazz Ensemble, Marching Band, Theory, Instrumental lessons